Thursday, June 27, 2013

Smith's Menthol and Eucalyptus Balm [Review]

Hey Beauty Lovers!

Today I'm sharing my thoughts on the new Smith's Menthol and Eucalyptus Balm! My previous post was also on other Smith's lip products and the Minted Rose was my favourite! So when I heard that Smith's came out with a Menthol AND Eucalyptus balm... I just HAD to have it! :D 

Thank god for Ebay as us Australian's are so behind on everything beauty!



I bought this on Ebay for around $8-9 Australian including shipping - BARGAIN!

It is 22g/ 0.8oz.

From Smith's official website it describes the product as:

"A Soothing, Cooling Salve! Dr. G. F. Smith considered this salve to be his very best formulation for the relief of cold sores, razorburn, psoriasis, allergies, insect bites and abrasions. It is aromatic and exhilarating. Not intended for use around the eyes"

My thoughts:

1. The product smells very menthol and eucalyptus-y which =  LOVE!
2. Clear - Vaseline-esque consistency.
2. Gives a tingling/cooling/menthol-y sensation when applied to areas such as lips.
3. Good for those dry, chapped winter lips and areas described by Smith's. 

Concerns:

Initially, I was concerned as one of the ingredients in this balm is Methyl Salicylate, which is commonly used in over-the-counter creams for sprains, strains and muscle spasms etc. I wasn't sure if it was 'safe' for the lips and you could ingest it when eating something. I just got paranoid even though Smith's did indicate that they are good for cold sores...

SO I private messaged Smith's on their official facebook page and they replied with:

"Hello! Yes it is great for your lips! Thank you!"

Yay paranoia solved! Better to be safe than sorry right? :)

Have you guys tried any of Smith's products? Let me know!

<3 J

1 comment:

  1. Haven’t tried the Menthol and Eucalyptus Balm yet. Thanks for sharing this :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete