Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Smith's Rosebud Salve, Minted Rose & Strawberry Lip Balm [Review]

Hey beauty lovers!

Today I'm here to share with you my thoughts on the very popular Smith's Rosebud Salve along with the Smith's Minted Rose and Strawberry Lip Balm.




I bought the trio tin set which included all 3 products from Urban Outfitters. Each tin is 22g/0.8 oz in net weight. Each product has a distinct difference which is summarised as follows:

Rosebud Salve

The Rosebud Salve is the most popular of them all. Many people don't like the scent and think that it is strong. However, I don't mind the rose scent - it doesn't linger on the lips for long once applied. The base is a special petrolatum base hence it's feels just like Vasaline on the lips (but a bit 'lighter') with a bunch of essential oils: Aromol and Cottonseed oil.

It does moisturise the lips a lot but the staying power isn't too long - I'd say around 1 hour max for my lips: it may vary from person to person...I guess I just drink a lot of water and eat snacks every now and then so it just wears off.

Minted Rose Lip Balm

The Minted Rose Lip Balm is just like the Rosebud Salve but with a mix of peppermint oil in it and some trade secret perfume mix. I actually do prefer this scent over the first one as it gives a mild minty tingly sensation when applied on the lips (well more me anyway). Plus I love anything minty.

Strawberry Lip Balm

I actually thought that I would like the Strawberry Lip balm the best. However, that's not the case. I think because it has white beeswax in it which gives the texture of the product a more 'solid' consistency. To me it doesn't seem like the product moisturises as much as the other 2 and seems to wear off the lips much faster as well. The strawberry scent is quite nice - reminds me of frozen strawberry yoghurt. However, I do understand if there are people that find this scent too 'artificial' as it does get a bit overwhelming at times. 

Overall, I do like these products as do recommend the Minted Rose and Rosebud Salve. The Strawberry is 'eh'. 

Here's a link to Smith's official website: http://www.rosebudperfume.com/products-list

I think I got my tin for around $16 USD on Urban Outfitters. However, the product doesn't seem to be on their site any longer - perhaps try Ebay if you can't get your hands on it at a local store.

Let me know if you guys have tried these and your favourites in the comments section below.

<3 J

No comments:

Post a Comment